Monday, May 4, 2015



Very Early Monday, May 4, 2015................

I am just getting in from attending a concert in San Jose.  For the third time, in so many years, me and my godbabymama saw New Kids on the Block.
We keep getting closer and closer to the stage...  I was very happy to be able to attend this year, and stand for a majority of the show.  And scream, of course.
Looking back, there is absolutely no way I would have been able to see them last year.  Ironically, they did not come into the Bay Area last year.  As if they knew I was unavailable, of course....My ears are gonna be ringing for a few days.............
___________________________________________________

This is a very busy week for me, as I head to Vegas to watch Fresno State Softball secure the first division championship in six years.  And, on Sunday, I will be on the field at AT&T Park as part of StrikeOut Cancer.  I am among honorees who were selected by the Cancer Support Community to participate in this cancer awareness event.  I would love to meet with you if you plan to attend on Mother's Day.  Its going to be an emotional day for everyone involved in the event.  And there will be a ballgame too.

____________________________________________________

Last, but not least, I am fundraising until only May 15th for the Cancer Support Community.  There is a Hope Walk at Heather Farms in Walnut Creek on May 16.  I would love anyone and everyone and their dogs to come walk with me.  This is a fundraiser, so it costs $25 to walk.  If you can't make it, I will be around to collect donations of any amount.  Maybe you have some change in your car?

The Cancer Support Community has provided free services to patients and their loved ones for over 25 years, and not just in the Bay Area.  The organization is in most major cities.  I cannot stress how important support is to the journey that I have been on.  Cancer patients depend on the support of others, whether its family, friends, or medical professionals.  Some of the best support is from others who understand treatment because they survived it. 

You never think you need this service until you need this service.  Please help in any way you can.
http://www.cancersupportcommunity.net/events/hope-walk/


2 comments:

  1. We will have your check with us in Las Vegas, just remind us when you get here!
    We are proud of all you do for the Cancer Community all over. We know it is for all cancer patients that are SURVIVORS first and patients second. Love, Dad and Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea! Great blog. I was at that concert too!! Talk to you about it on Sunday. See you then!

    ReplyDelete