Sunday, April 26, 2015



Sunday, April 26, 2015

http://www.cancersupportcommunity.net/

http://www.cancersupportcommunity.net/events/hope-walk/

Thank you to everyone who continued to vote over the past month for me to be a Batgirl with Major League Baseball.  I was a finalist, among ten women, who competed to be a part of the San Francisco Giants on Mother's Day.

Unfortunately, I did not win the Batgirl.  However, I have wonderful news to share.

During the past year, I visited the Cancer Support Community in Walnut Creek on a weekly basis.  I benefited primarily from the support group where I learned so much about the journey that cancer has become in my life and the lives of others.  The Community provides therapeutic classes to encourage wellness and healing, and education on how cancer can affect so many different parts of one's life.

The Cancer Support Community, along with Strike Out Cancer and Genentech, selected me as an Honoree for the Cancer Awareness event at AT &T Park on Mother's Day.  I join a group of survivors who will be interviewed to share our stories and be featured on the big screen before the game on May 10.

I was very surprised to be asked, as I will be stepping onto the field as a survivor.  Last year, was so long of a year.  And Giants baseball helped me through. Myself and another Giants fan who went through treatment last year, relied on our team to get us through the longest summer.  And the championship means something else to us.

_________________________

The links above are to the very first Cancer Support Community Hope Walk in Heather Farms.  This is a fundraising event to contribute to the nonprofit organization that provides entirely FREE services.  I will post more information next week as part of my THREE WEEK fundraising drive.  I will be stopping by different work locations and call on people for their spare "Change for Cancer" awareness.

I hope that readers share this link and encourage others to join in this walk event in Walnut Creek on May 16, 2015.  Its a Saturday morning and its a great way to participate and get some exercise.

So many people's lives are touched by cancer.  This is a small way to do something of support. Its easy to walk on a Saturday morning.  Its easier to contact me and donate any amount to contribute to the Cancer Support Community. 

I will be providing prizes such as Team Sosa T Shirts, pink bracelets, and raffling off Giants tickets, as part of this THREE WEEK fundraiser push.  I will sell cookies, too!

I need your help to contribute in any way.  Please share this blog and contact me or check out the links to the Cancer Support Community.  Come walk with me for $25. Bring your friends, family, and dogs, out to Heather Farms.

For example, $25 donation provides two weeks of services for anyone. 

Love, Sosa



No comments:

Post a Comment