Sunday, May 10, 2015



May 10, 2015
Happy Mother's Day

This has been an incredibly busy week for me, and I am exhausted.

First, besides work, I spent a few days in Las Vegas, visiting with family and watching Fresno State softball win the Mountain West Championship.  Our girls played some great games and head to Oregon for the NCAA regional.  First game is Thursday versus North Dakota State.  I am very grateful to have met the players and their families this season. 

Second, I started some fundraising for the Hope Walk for Cancer Support Community on 5/16 in Walnut Creek.  This is a fundraiser for an organization that provides FREE support services to patients and their loved ones.  This includes support groups, exercise classes, therapies, and children's services.  The walk is on Saturday and you can pay $25 to support a good cause.  Tax deductible, of course.
Love the large, heavy bag of pennies a coworker produced from her desk for me last week.  Wonder what else I can find.................

And finally, the picture above is from today's Giants game versus the Marlins. Along with the other honorees, I was welcomed onto the field and they announced all of our names.  There was a video on the Jumbotron, and we were all very lucky to be part of it.  I am pictured with Lou Seal and his mother, Louisa.  I have a Team Sosa shirt in my pocket, which came with me onto the field.  I touched the dirt and took a thousand pictures.  Friends and family were in attendance all over the park.  I also saw the Honorary Batgirl winner. 

And they took us to the ninth inning, and won in walk-off fashion.  I would not have it any other way.

Love, Sosa



No comments:

Post a Comment