Sunday, June 7, 2015

 
 
June 7, 2015
 
 
The photo above is of a gift from Major League Baseball for being a finalist in the Honorary Batgirl contest.  I now have two little pink bats and one very special big one. Pretty cool.
 
This week was rough at first, but eventually much easier because I was distracted with work and life.  Watched some softball, some basketball, and went to a Giants game.  I am very lucky to have spent lots of time with friends. 
 
And now I have a cold. And I stubbed my toe.  Oh well, so is life. 
 
__________________________________
 
This was a week of very happy news for friends and very tough news for others.  I watched people focus on the negative aspects of certain events.  There is so much time wasted on anger and frustration with the things that cannot be changed.  It is so fruitful to take the time to see things differently, and fight through the emotions that challenge us.  Accept the help from others, regardless of your pride.   Its hard, I know.  And trust in whatever you need to trust in.
 
________________________________
 
On Facebook this week, I watched and shared a video of a woman who was treated for breast cancer, which returned later.  She reminded her audience that there is no cure once it returns.  Early diagnosis is key to preventing the recurrence.  And its true that treatment is not a guarantee.  But the science has developed to give more men and women a greater chance than ever to prevent recurrence and live long healthy lives.
 
What else is good about the medicine, as this woman said in her message, is that survivor like me, who are in the 10% of diagnosed with Metastatic Cancer at their first diagnosis, is that the medicine is there and allows us to live while in treatment.  She used the term "Lifers," which I think is appropriate.
 
I say this often, but it is a reminder.  I may have a cold, or car problems, but I still cook and clean and get up every day.  I choose to live. 
__________________________________
 
 
The word "WARRIOR" means a little bit more this week.  Go Dubs.
 
 
 
Love, Sosa
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Acceptance and trust are two big words with great meaning. Remember that communication is the third. We hear your message and want to help. Don't forget that. We believe that research will always be one step ahead of this crazy disease.
    What's wrong with your car????? Mom

    ReplyDelete