Sunday, June 21, 2015








June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day.
If you know my old man, send him a hello.  Maybe you played ball for him, or he taught you something new.  Or you recognize him because he looks exactly the same for the past twenty years....


This weekend, I stopped by a Relay for Life event in Vacaville.  It was over a hundred degrees, so I could not stay too long.  It was wonderful to see all the people walking, and a few crazy people running, during the 24 hour event.  There were lots of participants when I stopped by, and I am sure there were more coming.  The American Cancer Society uses the Relay for Life event to increase awareness and honor the fallen.  It is a great experience, and I hope to participate in the event next year, or with other local towns. 

Here is a link: http://relay.acsevents.org/site/PageServer?pagename=relay&gclid=CjwKEAjwwZmsBRDOh7C6rKO8zkcSJABCusnbtdQ6gJMduqfKxHGT_sA14QAmyY0crJdBa1RlhWq5GhoCPF7w_wcB


Another link I would like to post has to do with a viral video about Metastatic Breast Cancer.  A woman uses note cards to explain her perspective about having the disease.  Her video encourages people to understand breast cancer and what a re-diagnosis means.  I am in the 6-10% initially diagnosed. 
Hopefully, this video and the links that she recommends will provide some more understanding for your friends and family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDQ0FjP7J-c

Have a good week,
Love, Sosa


1 comment: