Sunday, April 19, 2015

 
April 19, 2015
 
Me and my parents at Fresno State Softball
Cancer Awareness Weekend
GO TEAM SOSA
 


We wore our Team Sosa shirts as part of the weekend's activities.  Louisville Slugger also gave away mini pink bats, similar to the one I received from Team Sosa last year.  There were lots of survivors out at the field this weekend, wearing lots of pink.

The community at Fresno State Softball has offered me support in many ways since last year.  From the parents, to the team, and from the fans that I have known all my life, there is new meaning to coming home.  I am very grateful to participate this season, after I missed last year. 

Thanks to Team Sosa, I am a finalist with the MLB Honorary Batgirl and I will find out this week if I won.  I appreciate everyone who took the time to vote, and everyone who spread the word within their communities to vote for me.  I also hope you took the time to read and vote for the stories of the other nominees who are cancer survivors like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment