Monday, November 17, 2014

 

 
November 16, 2014
 
For those of you who were not aware, my birthday was this week.
 
I must acknowledge everyone who wished me well and made my day very special. Having friends and family to share a birthday with is more important this year.  Thank you for the balloons, cards, gifts, and messages, but more than that, its the sincere well wishes that I am most grateful for.  And the cupcakes...
 
This birthday is as important as my next.  Fighting cancer means fighting for a future.  It has been a long year, both physically and emotionally.  I intend for the next year to continue to be positive and filled with friends and love and hope.  I encourage you to appreciate the gifts you have been given.
 
________________________________
 
 
Last week, I spoke with the Women's Crew at Saint Mary's College.  The team allowed me to check out their erg trailer, which is much more than we had when I was there.  The team honored me with tshirts and a photo, because they rowed in tribute in Foster City.  I am grateful for the opportunity to speak with young women athletes who I hope gain another perspective on women's health.
 
Returning to work has been an adventure in learning new things.  I am adjusting to a new part of the job, and adjusting to a busier schedule.  Everything has gone well and I hope to continue to redevelop the skills I have learned over the years.
 
Please feel free to share this blog with someone you know who might benefit from it.  You can always email me at heysosateamsosa@gmail.com
 
Have a good week,
Sosa
 


No comments:

Post a Comment