Sunday, September 21, 2014





September 21, 2014

Thank you again for returning to the blog and checking in with me during the week.  I appreciate all of the love and support every day.

Living close to work means I often run into coworkers and friends in the area.  Its always fun to catch up with people, even if only briefly.  Its hard to believe I have not seen some of my coworkers or friends since I gave them the news in March. While I may not have seen some people in person, I am fortunate that social media and technology allows us to communicate and keep updated.

This week, I started another infusion drug, which along with supplements, will help strengthen my body against cancer.  Most women need extra vitamins as we get older, and I get some help, because of the way cancer has weakened my body.  The side effects are rough for a couple days, which is to be expected.  It could also be considered another weapon in my battle.

I am glad to be strong enough to contribute to the planning of my job's upcoming picnic, which will be another opportunity to spend time with friends from work.  I am also thankful to be able to drive to the city to see my parents and friends, and watch football there.  Its always fun to cheer with the crazies and root for the kids.

While it isn't always easy, I keep trying to build strength and adjusting to the new normal.  I can only hope that my story can help those who are also adjusting to cancer.  I am grateful to those in my support groups and the contacts I have made, all who have shared their stories with me.  My journey is difficult, but nothing compared to the struggles of children, or the challenges adults face.  These friends of mine keep me in perspective, because my road could be much harder to travel one day.

Love, Sosa

 

No comments:

Post a Comment