Sunday, September 14, 2014

SUPPORTING BREAST CANCER

September 14, 2014

Hello everyone and thank you for coming back...

Thank you to everyone who takes some time Sunday night or Monday morning, every week, to check in and read what I have to say about this experience.  Thank you to those who share this blog with others, or share on Facebook, because you think it can help someone you love.  Sometimes, it helps those who have breast cancer, but this blog is also meant to help those who love the women who have breast cancer. 

Thank you to those who take the time to talk to their family members and open a discussion on how breast cancer may affect the family in the future.  Thank you to the women who have decided to pursue early detection, such as mammograms or genetic testing.  Thank you to everyone who took the time to look at websites with information on breast cancer and breast cancer treatment.  It means so much that you did research or just asked me questions.  Some people never know enough until it is too late, so those efforts may actually save someone's life.

___________________________

I am always fortunate to hear from everyone who checks in to see how things are going.  I often communicate or meet with friends, because its important for me to get out, and for people to see how I am doing.  Cancer has not restricted me from going to movies or attending football games.  Its important to continue to enjoy everything that I always have. 

Having breast cancer is a part of my life, but is not my whole life.  However, I felt like it was, as I accepted the new reality that started in February of this year.  I am still reminded hourly that something "life changing" has happened.  I am reminded every time I look in the mirror, or open the medicine cabinet.  But "life changing" does not mean "life ending."  I will continue some form of treatment throughout my life, such as a daily pill or monthly infusion.  The medicine has improved to allow me to function as normally as I ever did, just in a different gear.  Before I return to work full time, I will continue to take the necessary time off to adjust to new medications and build strength. 

Living is possible. Life is what you make of it. 

Love to all,
Sosa




1 comment: