Sunday, July 20, 2014

 
July 20, 2014
 
 
This quote was sent to me from Mika, a breast cancer survivor.
 
 
It can apply to any woman, and hopefully motivate her to make her own choices.  Make your life better, regardless of the cards you have been dealt.  Play your hand, and don't let it play you.
 
As it applies to me, I could have chosen to be sad or depressed when this all began.  But I have learned through life experience, that the energy it takes to be mad or sad or angry, can be and usually is, exhausting.  I know enough about myself to allow those emotions of fear and sadness and anger to run their course. In the beginning, I had two really bad days.  But then, it became time to move forward. 
 
I am heading into my last chemotherapy this week.  That means in a few weeks, I will know more about my treatment plan and what it takes to continue living in my "new normal."  While I must believe it will be "good news," I am prepared for all of the possibilities. 
 
I have never denied the scary truth that is breast cancer.  I own what this is and how it has affected me and those who care for me. Now, I will be at a different pace, with a new perspective on how to live this life. 
 
_______________________________
 
Thank you to everyone who spent time with me this week.  I appreciate the company and eating too much food.  Thank you for the emails and messages and conversations.  
 
If anyone is interested in attending a FREE COCKTAIL HOUR on Tuesday in Lafayette, please let me know.  The Cancer Support Community is holding a caregiver appreciation event, Cocktails for a Cause.  The evening is about recognition for private, professional, and medical caregivers. I have submitted TEAMSOSA as my representative, and I plan on stopping by.
 
 
Love, Sosa
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are nearing the end of your chemo. This is a big accomplishment, you got through it. Sending you love from the Ranchos!!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always remember, no matter what comes your way, God's grace and strength are sufficient to carry you through. cwj

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have completed step one in this extensive plan of care. Please know that prayers will keep coming as you begin step 2. We are with you all the way. Your on going education is so valuable. Valuable to you and to all you touch. Stay strong.
    Love, Mom and Dad (Today is Grandma's 90th birthday. She loved you so much!)

    ReplyDelete