Monday, July 14, 2014

July 13, 2014
Thank You Flowers
 
 
 
Hello Everyone and Welcome Back.  I would like to thank you all for checking in with your messages and emails and calls.  It is very different to be off work for such a long time, and not have regular contact with people in my life.  I understand it is important to focus on my health, and being at work would cause me stress. That does not mean I do not miss my people.
 
 
This week, I was blessed with gifts from my community, hence the flowers.  Through the American Cancer Society and local health plans, cancer patients are eligible to receive free wigs.  I took advantage of this individual fitting service and additional resources to get two wigs.  I don't know how long it will take for my hair to grow back and or what it will look like.  The wigs, along with scarves and hats, will help me feel more comfortable, especially when I return to the work force.
 
I was also lucky enough to attend two MLB games this week.  It was great to be invited to spend a friend's birthday watching baseball in Oakland. And, on Sunday, watching two grand slams by the battery in San Francisco. 
 
It has also been a crazy few weeks of retirement of so many longstanding individuals in my department.  They deserve many thanks for their contributions and guidance over many years serving this County.  It is unfortunate some have to retire sooner than planned, and their unique personalities will be missed. 
 
I would also like to acknowledge and congratulate two friends who were finally married this week.  It has been a long time coming, and I wish them all the best. 
 
And, as always, I want to say thanks to those who offer me inspirational messages, support, favors, or love during this time in my life.  I appreciate it every day, and I can only hope to express my thanks over time.
 
Love, Sosa
 
 
If you have trouble posting comments to the blog, try posting from a computer, instead of a cellphone.  Or, if you send me your comments, I will post for you.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week! I really want to see some sexy shots in these wigs. Personally i love wigs, they can transform you and make you feel like someone totally different. If u have the wigs, how do you feel about a sexy photoshoot? I am just saying, we all know you still got it. I love u, love jess snow

    ReplyDelete
  2. "When it's all said and done, you may go through the fire, through the storm, but you'll come out standing strong." cwj

    ReplyDelete