Sunday, June 1, 2014

 
June 1, 2014
Greetings from a Blessed and Busy Week
 
 
Hi there and welcome back.  Thank you for continuing to read and comment or email or message.  All of your support on a daily basis keeps me focused on what's important.  I appreciate the concern for my health and personal needs.  I chose early in this battle not to be stubborn, no matter how briefly tempting it was to do this alone.  What's important is the value of friendships and family as the struggle continues on for as long as it will be.
 
 
This week, I spent two big days at three Bay Area sports venues.  On Wednesday, I went to San Francisco and watched the Giants defeat the Cubs. Then off to Oakland and saw the A's defeat the Tigers, in walk off fashion, of course.  That was a big day and crazier night, where I learned a new game, and stayed up way too late.  On Sunday, I went to Golden Gate Fields to watch the horse races for the first time.  I was reminded of my mother and her memories of the horse and dog tracks in the 1950s.  The weather was great this week, and I am glad I was able to physically handle the demands of the big days. 
 
 
This week, I was blessed with special gifts from my work community.  In place of a greeting card, my friends gave me a  personalized pink Louisville Slugger bat, signed by my coworkers.  I was also given an MLB baseball, with pink laces for breast cancer awareness.  These are so special to me, because my work family recognizes my love of the game.  It is a fitting gift, and I am very lucky.
 
 
This week, I was humbled with the generosity of my support community.  This is not a journey I chose to be on, and I continue to be amazed by the paths I walk upon.  My work community has volunteered to support me with messages and love, and through significant fundraising.  I wish every day I was never in a position to call on others for help.  However, knowing the support is there, gives me some peace, alleviates some of the pressure, and will provide me with continued strength as I continue travelling uphill, for the months and years to come. THANK YOU TEAMSOSA.
 
As for my health, I am doing as well as I can.  Hives are not fun, especially when trying to color someone's hair... I have stayed hydrated with my extra activities, and made sure to rest as often as I can be comfortable enough to do so.  One more week of feeling "normal" before doing it all over again....
 
Next week, I plan to go home for my niece's graduation and see the family and visit with some loved ones.  My support from Madera and Fresno comes from the place I have known all my life.  Just as it is important for my Bay area family to see my face, I hope to get some hugs from my Central Valley family. 
 
Lastly, on June 8 in San Ramon, is the Celebration at the Ranch honoring cancer survivors and their families.  I will participate in the butterfly release just before 11 am, honoring the women in my family.  My parents and friends have agreed to come and I hope to see more of you there, too.  You can RSVP to me if you want lunch, or just to let me know you might be stopping by.  It should be a nice day just to lay around and visit, or enjoy some of the activites offered by the events.  
 
Thank you all, every day, for coming back and viewing the blog.  You can always email me here at heysosateamsosa@gmail.com if you have questions, or you want to talk, or would like me to address something in the blog.   
 
Love, Andrea
 
 
 
 
 
 






4 comments:

  1. Whoooo hoooo!!! So glad you had such a great week still think of you everyday!!! You are so strong & that is awesome. So thankful you have such a great support group. Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful race hat and outfit- you look great! I have always wanted to go-did u bet on anything and win? You sound like a great week but exhausting. Love u- keep doing amazing things. I saw Peck Saturday he said she is gonna kick cancers ASS! And u will love u. Gonna go to Costco today and gonna do pics-sorry I haven't had time. Miss u cutie. Love jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are pretty lucky to have such a great team to support you!! We will see you on Friday!! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look awesome, as usual... much luv.. cwj

    ReplyDelete