Monday, June 9, 2014


June 8, 2014                                     Another Week of Feeling Better

Hello Everyone, and Welcome Back.....

As promised, I will continue to check in with you with a blog posting on Sunday.  If there is anything you want to ask, please post a comment, or send me an email at heysosateamsosa@gmail.com.

This was another week of "feeling better."  This refers to the third week after my last chemotherapy cycle, or the week before my next chemotherapy cycle.  I felt strong this week when I took a couple of long walks.  I made it through a trip home in the 100 degree heat, and handled it without any major health issues.  I saw my niece graduate as a valedictorian, and spent time with close friends and family back home.

Today, my parents and some special friends joined me at the Wings of Hope Butterfly Release and Cancer Survivors Picnic in San Ramon.  We released five butterflies, and enjoyed a sunny day at the park.  It was a good time spent playing with bubbles and having fun with the kids.

I ended my weekend in Sausalito, overlooking the San Francisco Bay.  I enjoyed dinner with friends, and conversation with some great minds, even after the wine started to flow. 
__________________________

"Feeling better" refers to the time when I am strongest after chemotherapy.  The third week is when I feel most normal, and have the strength to do all of these activities.  The down side is the next cycle will reverse that feeling.  I go on Wednesday for Cycle 4, and hope to adjust to the treatment favorably over the week afterwards.  Besides exhaustion and hives, I now accept heartburn as a not so fun side effect.  I have never had heartburn before in my life, so this incredible pain is something of a challenge.  As always, I have faith in the medicines to work with my body and make it easier for me to get through the necessary challenges of each day.

Thank you all for checking in when you do.  Whether its a text, or email, or comment, I go back to your messages and prayers more often.  This journey got a little steeper with this last chemotherapy cycle.  It will continue to get more difficult as the weeks go on.  I do my best to stay strong through the pain and stress.  My best comes from my support through Team Sosa. 

Love,
Andrea








No comments:

Post a Comment