Sunday, May 25, 2014


May 23, 2014   Cycle Three
 


Hello Everyone and Welcome Back,

I am really glad that you returned to read the blog and check up on how it's going.  The blog has nearly 5,000 views, which is amazing.  I may not be working right now, but I take pride in being responsible to everyone who wants to know what's up with me. 

_______________________
That's me in the picture, at chemotherapy this past Wednesday.  My friend came with me and kept me company to pass the time sitting in the chair for about three hours.  It really helps to have the company and I am very appreciative of those who will accept that role. And I will spring for lunch!
FYI, there were a few people who were there already when I arrived, and were still there when I left.  Helps keep things in perspective... 

The end of May marks the end of two months of chemotherapy.  I have four more months scheduled of these treatments, once every three weeks.  Provided we have no reason to stop, we will see what decisions are to be made around the end of October.
______________________
So ,this week after chemotherapy has been a bit rough.  Each cycle has been more difficult than the last.  I am more tired than the last cycle, and my body is not putting up with any extra activity.  Lots of fluids and remembering to eat have helped me maintain as best I can.  I am grateful for powering through it without nausea, and I realize that could happen anytime.

A funny side effect is different taste buds.  The best way to explain it is the feeling one's tongue has after eating sunflower seeds. Like, a LOT of sunflower seeds.  Chemo affects my taste buds buy nearly eliminating my ability to taste altogether for a few days.  Because its unappealing, I don't have a "taste" for food for a few days.  Its not like I want to eat spicy food or anything, I just can't really enjoy the taste of the food I am eating. Eventually it wears off, but its not fun.

Some good things this week included lunches with friends and a few visits and phone calls. I am so grateful for my friends who make me laugh.  I received some great pictures of a new member of my work family (Welcome Delaney!). I made it out of the house to do some errands and use some free coupons.  My friend and I were very lucky with an anonymous free lunch while out in Walnut Creek. We don't know who it was, but our lunch was paid for, and we are truly grateful.   I am always fortunate to have friends who will let me come to their houses and do laundry and watch Hallmark movies and hang out with their doggies. 
____________________
This week, I get to go to the ballpark and watch the Giants play.  Its my first game of the year and I am looking forward to some baseball and sunshine and time with friends.  Hoping to catch the A's game too....

All my love,
Sosa


Just a reminder about the June 8th event in San Ramon.  My parents and I will be there for the butterfly release, and wearing my Team Sosa Tshirt.  Everyone is welcome, and you can RSVP directly to me if you want a free lunch.  Its a picnic so I will bring some blankets and some dominoes.....  This might be a great opportunity for a "company picnic/get together"......


7 comments:

  1. Hey Sosa! Just catching up on your blogs..I had no idea chemo affects your taste buds! I admire your positive energy and I think it's great you are getting out and enjoying baseball games and time with family and friends :). Btw, the luncheon at work was amazing! The food was amazing and it was great to see everyone supporting you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey u!!! Think about you every day Sosa!! GO GIANTS!!! :) Enjoy the game & have a blast. :) Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. STAY STRONG.
    WITH ADMIRATION...
    RITA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your inspiration and energy...so glad you were able to go to a Giants game! Go Giants!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey its me stopping by to say HI!!! cwj

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you be talking about my doggies. Dodo does not like you. Why you be telling people we watch Hallmark movies???
    CHM

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so strong! Your positive attitude is amazing! We are all rooting for you girly!!
    -Tamara H

    ReplyDelete