Sunday, March 22, 2015


 
 
March 22, 2015
 
 
I am taking this opportunity to share some news from TEAM SOSA.  I was at work one day last week when I received the call from DP to consent to the application to be an Honorary BatGirl with Major League Baseball.  She left me a voicemail and I did as I was told. Seriously...
 
I have posted the link on Facebook and Instagram, and many friends and family have voted multiple times a day.  I have sent out emails which have forwarded the link as well.  I smile when I think of the opportunity, and I am grateful to be around to participate in any way.  Last year, the entire baseball season carried me through the longest year.  Another friend who was diagnosed, who is also a big Giants fan, attended a game with me, and shares the passion.  Having the Giants win the World Series was an emotional experience made more so by the reality of the disease that could have taken that experience from us.
 
I am sharing what my friends wrote about me for the website, as well as the link to vote.  I hope you will take some time to vote, as well as read about the other nominees for the Giants and other teams: 
 
"Even though I have a history of Breast Cancer in my family, it didn't truly hit me until February 2014. A co-worker and amazing friend told me of her diagnosis - Stage IV Breast Cancer. I was in shock that a 37 year old, vibrant person who I knew so well, was diagnosed this severely. I also felt honored that she wanted to share this with me and 2 other co-workers in person at my house. From this point forward a game plan was set in place and has continued to move forward. The support from not only her friends but ALL of our co-workers as been amazing. But that's how Sosa is - Amazing. She has written a weekly blog to keep us informed as she goes though her treatments and life. She has been to many Breast Cancer Functions and has spoken to not only inform but inspire others. As you see by the picture below, her smiles continue to shine. No matter if it is during her chemo treatments, getting her head shaved, or attending softball games at Fresno State and San Francisco Giants Baseball Games - Her Smile is As Big As The Sun. Sosa knows that this will be a lifelong commitment but that's "Our Sosa" - fully committed to everything she does until the end."

 
 
Click the link below and search by team: Giants, then scroll through the pages for TEAM SOSA.  There is a picture of me from the second week of chemo, and I am wearing my Giants gear. Click on my picture to vote.  You will be given a number to type in, and there you go.  No registration needed.
 

http://mlb.mlb.com/honorarybatgirl/2015/gallery.jsp


Love, Sosa




No comments:

Post a Comment