Sunday, January 18, 2015

 
January 18, 2015

So this is my current situation..

This week I was brave.  I went without a scarf or hat to cover my head.  In public!

It took meeting with the hairstylist who cut my hair last year, Candace, at Citrus Salon.  You may remember her from one of the first blog entries.  She reassured me that my hair was growing back evenly and healthy. She endorsed some products which I hope will encourage thickness and evenness. She even did a pixie workshop the following day!

I am more comfortable with my hair now than I have been since losing it all.  But it took some steps to be brave.  My head still gets cold, and when I wear a baseball cap, I feel like I look like a boy.  Its not fun to lose all your hair.  

But its not supposed to be.  Its just one more hard thing to deal with and to accept. Its a temporary scar.  There are more battles and scars to come.  It is with the support of family and friends that those battles will be a little easier to fight.  

 So I choose to be brave.

Love, Sosa

 

4 comments:

  1. You look lovely! I am so, so happy for you, brave woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still have the prettiest skin in the world! Did you get that from me? Yes, your hair cut is cute, it's growing back nicely, and NO gray, this is a good thing. See you soon. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I salute you for that! Not everyone who is in the same situation as you is ready to lay bare like you do. Just believe your situation isn't an end point, and that you'll get out of that strongly. You you will either grow back all your hair, or you will have your hair restored. Thanks for sharing that, Sosa! I wish you all the best!

    Byron Brewer @ Knight and Sanders

    ReplyDelete