Sunday, August 31, 2014




August 31, 2014

Hello Everyone! Hope your Labor Day weekend is filled with good weather and no traffic.  Its been warm in the Bay Area, and the breeze is welcome. Let's hope the heat in the Central Valley reminds certain parents of mine to leave the yardwork for when its cooler....

I am continuing to walk as much as possible.  My muscles are going to have trouble adjusting for a few months, and I am doing the best I can to stretch and be active.  According to my friends, I am still walking on a good pace.

This week, I was lucky to spend time with many of my friends. I saw my godson, and he will be taller than me soon.  I received cards, and a surprise care package from a college friend. There were dinners, and surprise meetings on the side of the road or parking lots. I ate some good food, including homemade chicken pot pies. And, I was able to see some doggies.

On Thursday, I went to the Giants game with another breast cancer survivor.  She is my age, and we went through chemotherapy around the same time.  We are both Gamer babes, and we enjoyed great seats and sunny weather.  Turns out there were quite a few friends at the game as well.

Thank you all for continuing to check in, play games, send pictures, or send messages.  I appreciate hearing how everyone is doing, and what's new in your world.  The picture on the blog says "Live."  Do something this week that reminds you to do so: Live.

Love, Sosa

P.S.
If any of you are BRCA1 or BRCA2, or know someone who is, there is an observational study being conducted by UCSF.  You are compensated, and it requires minimal participation (twice a year). The link has the contact information to call or email.
Here is the link: http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search/view?cdrid=754972&version=HealthProfessional

2 comments:

  1. We are so happy to find that you are reaching out to friends and staying active. That is LIVING. One day at a time is how it goes. Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. not cooler , so i had Nate Locke come over and dig a hole HOW DEEP ?? maybe to china he did not think it was funny, keep digging !! done digging till the water comes back luv dad

    ReplyDelete