Sunday, August 17, 2014


August 17, 2014.....Another Week Down

Its another week without chemotherapy and my body continues to adjust.  Another week waiting to find out whats next in my treatment and for my mind has to adjust as well. When there is no news, the waiting can sometimes be the hardest part.  I don't have answers for myself, let alone for anyone else.

But,

You get through it.  When it may seem difficult, I take one day at a time.  Sometimes, one hour at a time.  Get up, walk, shower, eat.  Look at the cards or the messages from loved ones, and refocus.  Keep moving forward.

Because,

The laundry still needs to be done.  There will always be traffic on 580 in Livermore. And I will still have cancer tomorrow. 

Do what you can until you cannot.  Continue to hope, be strong, and have faith, in the medicine and yourself.

____________________

This week, I spent time with a woman who opted for surgery, instead of treatment, based on her medical history.  I was impressed by her pride and courage.  I also met with a support group of breast cancer survivors.  They offered another perspective on living life in wellness after treatment.  Meeting with other women and listening to their stories is very helpful.  While treatment plans and medicines can be similar, every woman's diagnosis and history is unique.  These perspectives provide valuable education for the newly diagnosed about what to expect, and various ways to handle emotions, side effects, and stress.  I think its important for patients and survivors to find support in others, especially in a group or individual counseling. 

____________________

Thank you to everyone who continues to read this blog and post comments, or send emails or messages.  I have been very lucky to continue to reach out to others, as they have reached out to me with love and support. 

I always appreciate distractions, especially those that remind me of what my life used to be. I appreciate good news, like engagements, and wedding dresses, and new kitchens. And baseball, and little league, and finally, football.  Its nice not to think about cancer all the time, no matter how bald you are.

Have a good week,
Sosa

No comments:

Post a Comment